Identity Theft Protection.
Identity Theft is on the rise. PMC understands the stress and strain this situation may create and we are committed to helping you gain closure and resolution to take your identity back. As a result, we have partnered with St Paul Travelers for Identity Theft Insurance and Identity Theftguard Solutions for identity restoration services to provide Identity Theft protection for PMC Protection Edge Members.
The identity fraud coverage from Travelers is designed to reimburse you for the out-of-pocket expenses described in your policy form. These are the expenses related to cleaning up your credit if you have been victimized. In general, the coverage will reimburse identity theft victims up to $25,000 for the following:
- Lost wages up to $500 per week for a maximum period of four weeks as a result of time taken off from work to deal with the fraud, including wrongful incarceration.
- Notary and certified mail charges for completing and delivering fraud affidavits.
- Fees to re-apply for loans that were denied as a result of erroneous credit information due to the identity theft.
- Long distance telephone charges for calling merchants, law enforcement agencies or credit grantors to discuss an actual identity theft.
- Attorney fees incurred, with Travelers Bondís prior consent, for:
- Defending suits brought incorrectly by merchants or their collection agencies.
- Removing criminal or civil judgments wrongly entered against the victim.
- Challenging information in a credit report.
|PROTECTION EDGE Identity Theft Protection Includes:
- Restoration services by highly trained specialists 24/7 to expedite and restore your good credit by:
- Providing an Information package of the resolution process, educational articles, and guidance.
- Notifying the three major credit bureaus and requesting a fraud alert on your credit files and accounts.
- Reviewing your credit files to determine potential areas of fraud.
- Notifying creditors, financial institutions, credit card companies, utility providers, and merchants.
- Providing information to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and to other government agencies.
- Creating and maintaining a case file to document the identity fraud.
This material does not amend, or otherwise affect, the provisions or coverages of any insurance policy or bond issued by Travelers. It is not a representation that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or loss under any such policy or bond. Coverage depends on the facts and circumstances involved in the claim or loss, all applicable policy or bond provisions, and any applicable law. Availability of coverage referenced in this document can depend on underwriting qualifications and state regulations.